BlackMediaFamily.com ships books and magazines to many state, federal, and county correctional facilities across the United States. BlackMediaFamily.com will do their best to adhere to all facility rules and regulations to the best of their knowledge. Prior to ordering and shipping to a correctional facility or institution, please read through all of the important information below.
Before ordering for an inmate, please review the following recommendations:
- Magazines and/or Books: Please check with the proper facility as to the rules and regulations before ordering magazines such as F.E.D.S., DON DIVA, AS-IS, etc. -or- for magazines which contain sexual content such as SWEETS, ASSETS, STRAIGHT STUNTIN', IADORE, PHAT PUFFS, BODY, etc. If sending books, also check with the facility as to the rules and regulations before ordering books with HARD COVERS, GRAPHIC COVERS, OR EXPLICIT MATERIAL, etc.
- Multiple Items: If you are ordering multiple (more than 2 or 3) items at one time, please check with the facility as to the rules and regulations regarding how many items can be ordered at one time. Most facilities have limits.
- Approved Vendors: Some correctional facilities have very strict mail guidelines and only allow orders to be shipped from specific vendors or companies. Please check with the facility and/or the intended recipient and inquire if they have such policy.
When ordering for an inmate, please make sure to include the following information with your order:
- Inmate's first and last name along with the inmate number (on the same line behind the last name)
- Name and address of the facility
- Purchaser's email and phone number (in case we have questions about your order). If we have questions and are unable to contact you, your order will not be processed.
All orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours of the order being placed Monday-Friday. Standard shipping time generally takes between 2-18 business days, however please note that some correctional facilities may take longer to review material before distributing it to the inmate.
If an item is rejected and returned to us, we will issue you an in-store credit only for the purchase price of the returned item(s), minus shipping. We will not know that the item has been returned to us until it has been mailed back by the facility/institution and received by us with a rejection letter. Please note that it can take up to several weeks or months for a rejected item to reach its way back to us. In the event an order is not returned to us, we do not issue any credit or refund. If an order is to be reshipped, you are responsible for the cost of reshipping, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Our job and responsibility is to get the package to the shipping/delivery address you (the buyer) provide. We ship and use USPS delivery tracking with every order, once an order is confirmed delivered to the shipping address you provide, we are no longer responsible for it. Further questions on the whereabouts of any package being shipped to a correctional facility must be directed to facility's mail room.
BlackMediaFamily.com cannot be responsible for shipments that are confiscated, lost, or disposed of by a correctional facility, jail, prison, or institution.
Policy last updated July 1, 2012